Story Box Library is a subscription based educational website, created for children to view stories by Australian authors and illustrators, being read aloud by fantastic storytellers.
Authors/Illustrators include Leigh Hobbs, Alison Lester, Sally Rippin, Aaron Blabey, Anna Walker, Gus Gordon, Andy Griffiths, Freya Blackwood, Terry Denton, Jane Godwin, Ann James, Bob Graham, Stephen Michael King and many more...
Storytellers include Nick Cave, Justine Clarke, Kate Ritchie, Shane Jacobson, Missy Higgins, Chris Taylor, Danny Katz, Jane Kennedy, Brian Nankervis, Cal Wilson, Colin Lane, Boori Monty Prior, Andrew Hansen, John Schumann, Jo Hall, Clare Bowditch and many more...
- Continually expanding library of quality, thought-provoking and entertaining storytelling videos, comprising over 100 stories and 8 short films to date.
- Streamed digital content to inspire pre-schoolers and primary school aged children.
- Range of short films that enable children to discover the creative process behind the books.
- At home activities for each story.
- Advertisement free zone – our website is completely free of any advertising.
- Free remote/home access for library members.
Uses and benefits
- Provides children with the opportunity to view and listen to a variety of voices and storytelling techniques.
- Resource for parents to model and encourage the importance of storytelling and reading aloud to children in their formative years.
- Story segments are recorded in real- time without the use of animation, making it an appropriate introductory form of technology for young bodies and minds.
- Story segments are short, so screen- time limits need not be compromised.
- The easy-to-navigate and ad-free website means children can access particular stories to further enhance their personal inquiries.
- ESL children can develop their spoken language by watching stories and hearing English words.
- Copyright allows screening of the website for library storytime sessions and during any events/festivals/workshops held within the library.
- Story Box FAQ